Saturday, April 18, 2020

My Best World XI (since 1980) for Test, ODI and T20


Just to kill time during lockdown, I have selected my all-time (since 1980) World XI for Test, ODI and T20 matches.

Cut-off year is 1980 because probably from this time onwards, I have been following cricket. While selecting the teams, I have considered the peak performances of the players.

Shane Warne, Muttahiah Murlidharan and Saqlain Mushtaq are undoubtedly the best spinners of the last four decades and as per work-load-management, they have been included in Test, ODI and T20 teams respectively.

Viv Richards, Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the only three players figuring in all the three teams. Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar are considered as openers for ODI & T20 matches.

Some good performers of the game of their time like Zaheer Abbass, Bret Lee, Ricky Ponting, Virender Shewag, James Anderson, de Villiers, Sangarkara, Rahul Dravid, Jeff Thompson, Ian Botham and Kapil Dev fail to make cut into my teams.

Further, no player from England, New Zealand and Sri Lanka has figured in any of the three teams.

Let’s have a look:

No comments:

Post a Comment